1. Here in Brazil, everybody has been talking about Leicester’s campaign. New supporters appears daily, feeding the fanpages around the world. In England, how does the city react with this unexpected productivity? Do you feel the supporters closer?
2. You arrived on Leicester after great seasons playing in Italy. When the Leicester’s interest came? What kind of objectives were proposed? Did you believe that the project could reach many results as it has been reaching now?
I heard about Leicester City’s interest during the european summer of 2015, when I was in pre-season with SSC Napoli, getting ready for the next season. I enjoyed a lot the offer and the club’s concept of the future. The trust they gave me, because of my experience as a player, ended up closing a puzzle in a long-term plan. The president and the director of football had a huge job to carry the club’s project on, aswell to have me onboard. There is a great quantity of optmism,and everyone, including the supporters, works without break, and in a highly profissional way. In the beggining, we were looking at that 40 point mark, so we could avoid relegation as quickly as possible. When the good results started to show up regularly, the positive atmospheric started to become even more positive. It’s possible to realize the teamspirit carrying us all during the season.
4. How do you see the potential of Switzerland national league and team? We recently interviewed Barnetta about that, and he believes the country must focus in a good center for the young players on their starters. Do you agree with that for the improvement of the Swiss Super League?
The Swiss National League has envolved enough along the years and it is in a good way, thinking about the future. However, still it has to get some improvements. We have come a long way in the last twenty years, and the Swiss Football Association (SFV) is also doing its best to improve the general quality. This is also evidenced in the Swiss Super League (first division) or Challenge League (second division), where teams regularly promote young Swiss talent in their first teams, allowing them to grow and continue to develop their skills. But this also applies to young people abroad, as François Moubandje in Toulouse. But to be honest, I really cannot say much about the Swiss League, because I have not played there for at least nearly nine years. Much has changed, but from what I gather, the art-football has improved. FC Basel has remained at the top with regularity and is playing at a good level, but the other teams are recovering and also showing their value. Overall, there is a sense of a well done and lasting job, and proof of that is the output of young Swiss talented players to other major centers such as Breel Embolo. For a country of the Switzerland size, it is quite remarkable.
8. How can you measure your knowledge about our Brazilian football? We know that the international press don’t usually notify things about our League, making it hard to follow it. But there is a special football brazilian team which you know about?
Well, sometimes I watch some Brazilian Premiere Division highlights on TV and there is always a livescore in my cellphone too. I think it is a great league, with high-level and technically excellent. I could mention some great teams I remember, like Fluminense, São Paulo and Corinthians. These are football clubs that I know. I started to have contact with brazilian football some time ago, especially thanks to ex-partners, at the time that I played in Italy. I am Alexandre Pato’s friend. I keep regular contact with Pablo Armero. But, most of all, I had one good impression of brazilian football during 2014 FIFA World Cup. I will never forget that feeling, the happiness in brazilian supports. In particular, the support they give to us with Switzerland national team, during the round of quarter-final against Argentina in São Paulo.
10. We are delighted doing this interview! Would you like to leave any message for your fans and for those who are supporting Leicester here in Brazil?
I would like to extend my greetings to all the Leicester supports everywhere, and who appreciate see me playing and follow me over the years. Keep supporting us so our team can advance more. Everything is going very well here, the positive energy is contagious and the whole team is giving 110% every day. This and the relationship with the supports can make each player to work even more. And for a team where everyone has the same purpose, that’s amazing.